As a Senior Partner, Ken’s practice involves the trial of complex civil matters, including medical and professional malpractice, serious personal injury, as well as professional licensing matters. He also practices in the areas of commercial and business litigation and other civil litigation.
In his 43 years of practice, Ken has tried over 200 cases to jury verdict, arbitration award or Court decision. He has handled well over a thousand medical malpractice cases for various hospitals, physician insurers, and private health care provider companies and groups. He is regularly asked to serve on panels, demonstrate in mock trials, and lecture and present seminars in the areas of trial practice, medical malpractice, risk management and claims management, and other medical and legal issues.
Over the past 43 years, Ken has been a frequent public speaker presenting hundreds of lectures, seminars, and presentations to medical and legal audiences. For the past 17 years, he has returned to his alma-mater, American University, Washington College of Law, as a Clinical Professor, teaching Civil Trial Advocacy, Trial Practice, and Expert Witness classes to 2nd and 3rd year law students.
Ken has received a number of honors and awards including the prestigious election as a Fellow of the American College of Trials Lawyers. He has served as the Maryland State Chair of the American College, 2002-2004. In 1998, he was elected to the International Academy of Trial Lawyers. Ken has been listed in Best Lawyers in America for over 25 years and he was listed as the Best Lawyers’ 2014 Washington DC Medical Malpractice Law – Defendants “Lawyer of the Year” and the Best Lawyers’ 2014-15 Washington DC Personal Injury Litigation – Defendants “Lawyer of the Year.” He has been selected for inclusion in Super Lawyers® since 2006, where he has been listed as one of the top 50 lawyers in Maryland and one of the top 100 lawyers in the Washington Metro area. In 2008, he was listed as one of the top 10 lawyers in both the State of Maryland as well as the Washington Metro area Super Lawyers magazine.
A long-time resident of the Greater Washington, D.C. area, Ken was raised in Bethesda, Maryland, and he has resided in Massachusetts and Bangladesh.
- Clark University, B.A., with honors, 1976
- Washington College of Law, American University, J.D., 1979
- Medical Malpractice Law
- Professional Liability Law
- Personal Injury Law
- Professional Licensing and Credentialing
- Trial Practice
- Best Lawyers in America, 1997-present
- Who’s Who Among Outstanding Americans, 1995-present
- Who’s Who in American Law, 1994-present
- Fellow, American College of Trial Lawyers, MD State Chair, 2002-2004
- Fellow, International Academy of Trial Lawyers
- Advocate, American Board of Trial Advocates
- Maryland Bar Foundation
- Maryland State Bar Association
- Montgomery County, Maryland Bar Association
- Bar Association of the District of Columbia
- “Maryland Tort Damages” (7th Edition), Co-Authored with Robert Michael, Esquire and others, MSBA, 2015.
- “Confidentiality of Medical Records in Maryland” Co-Authored with Pamela Kincheloe, Lorman Business Institute, 1999.
- “Taking and Defending Deposition” Co-Authored with Michael, Ethridge, and Quinn, Lorman Business Institute, 1999.
- “Medical Malpractice in Maryland” Co-Authored with Ellin and Bekman, National Business Institute, Inc., 1987.
Admitted To Practice
- District of Columbia
- Maryland Court of Appeals, 1979
- United States District Court, Maryland, 1980
- District of Columbia Court of Appeals, 1980
- United States District Court, District of Columbia, 1980
- United States Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit, 1981
- United States Court of Appeals for the D.C. Circuit, 2004