Ms. Slater is a partner at Armstrong, Donohue, Ceppos, Vaughan & Rhoades, Chartered, where she concentrates on the defense of medical professionals. Prior to joining ADCVR, Ms. Slater gained valuable experience in the field of civil litigation defense, focusing her work on the defense of medical and dental malpractice. She also has extensive experience defending claims involving automobile negligence, slip-and-fall, and construction litigation. Prior to beginning her practice in 2010, Ms. Slater was a judicial law clerk to the Honorable David A. Boynton in the Circuit Court for Montgomery County, Maryland.
Ms. Slater received her undergraduate degree in Government and Politics in 2005 from the University of Maryland, College Park, where she was a member of the Public Leadership Scholars program. Ms. Slater subsequently received her J.D. from the Catholic University, Columbus School of Law in 2009. During law school, Ms. Slater was a clerk for the Montgomery County, Maryland States Attorney’s office, and spent her last semester working as a clerk for ADCVR.
Ms. Slater has been selected for inclusion in Maryland Super Lawyers© – Rising Stars since 2015. She has also been selected for inclusion in Washington, D.C. Super Lawyers© – Rising Stars since 2015.
- University of Maryland, College Park, 2005
- Catholic University, Columbus School of Law, 2009
- Civil Litigation
- Medical Malpractice
- Maryland State Bar Association
- Bar Association of Montgomery County, Maryland
Admitted To Practice
- Maryland, 2009
- District of Columbia, 2010
- Maryland Court of Appeals (2009)
- United States District Court for the District of Maryland (2015)
- District of Columbia Court of Appeals (2010)
- United States District Court and Bankruptcy Courts for the District of Columbia (2015)