Mr. Laufer is a partner and shareholder at Armstrong, Donohue, Ceppos, Vaughan & Rhoades. Mr. Laufer’s practice concentrates on the defense of medical malpractice claims, including nursing home negligence, general civil litigation, premises liability claims, and professional licensing charges. He defends local physicians, nurses, nursing homes, hospitals, and healthcare institutions in the areas of medical malpractice, premises liability, and general civil actions, including breach of contract claims. Mr. Laufer has also defended physicians, nurses, and nursing home administrators before professional licensing boards. Outside of the health care industry, Mr. Laufer defends entertainment venues and large commercial buildings in the District of Columbia and Maryland when they are faced with premises liability actions. Mr. Laufer regularly lectures to physicians, nursing home administrators, nurses, and office staff on legal/medical issues relevant to their practice. Prior to joining the firm, Mr. Laufer clerked for the Honorable Michael D. Mason in the Circuit Court for Montgomery County, Maryland.
Mr. Laufer obtained his undergraduate degree from Duke University in 2006 and his J.D. from the Washington College of Law at American University in 2010. During law school, Mr. Laufer clerked for the Public Defender’s Office in Arlington, VA, the Public Defender’s Service for the District of Columbia, and for the United States’ Attorney’s Office in the District of Columbia, focusing on fraud and white collar crime. Mr. Laufer was also a member of the Mock Trial Society and participated in the Criminal Justice Clinic.
Before practicing law, Mr. Laufer was involved in sports media and production in Southern California. He covered local professional and amateur athletic programs, with a specific focus in hockey, baseball, and college football.
- Duke University, B.A., 2006
- Washington College of Law, American University, J.D., 2010
- Civil Litigation
- Medical Malpractice
- Listed in Best Lawyers®: Ones to Watch, 2021
- Maryland State Bar Association
- Bar Association of Montgomery County, Maryland
- American Bar Association
- Inns of Court for Montgomery County, Maryland (2019-20)
Admitted To Practice
- Maryland, 2010
- District of Columbia, 2012
- Virginia, 2017
- Maryland Court of Appeals (2010)
- United States District Court for the District of Maryland (2011)
- District of Columbia Court of Appeals (2012)
- United States District Court for the District of Columbia (2017)
- Virginia Supreme Court (2017)
- Top Ten Maryland Statutes for Physicians, 2014
- DIfficult Patients, 2017